San Francisco, California
You have a passion for software engineering, automation, and operations and are excited about reliability, availability, security, and performance. You also enjoy testing and managing real time distributed platforms and services that scale to millions of requests.
You also have:
- 4+ years of Quality engineering experience
- Experience testing large distributed systems for correctness, scale, reliability, and security
- Experience in web testing (e.g., Selenium) and unit testing frameworks (e.g., JUnit)
- Significant scripting and automation experience (e.g., python, ruby, bash)
- Running services in AWS or other cloud platforms, strong experience with Linux systems
- Experience with frequent and incremental development, testing, and deployment
It is a huge plus if you have:
- Experience with virtualization and containerization platforms (e.g., OpenStack, Docker) and container orchestration tools (e.g., Kubernetes)
- Experience testing and shipping multi-tenant platforms for SaaS and on-premise deployments
- Experience programming in Go, C/C++, Java or a similar language
- Experience with security, storage optimizations and management
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity to join as one of the founding engineers in a well-funded, fast-growing startup backed by some of the top Silicon Valley VCs and luminaries. We are looking to hire key engineers that like to join at an early stage that can have a significant impact on the product and roadmap, and also take on leadership roles as the company grows in this fast-paced market.
As a founding Quality Engineer, you will get a chance to work with a rapidly evolving platform that handles millions of requests and massive amounts of events, and other data. It is real time, scalable, and highly available, and is the source of data for security monitoring, alerting, access control, and data visualization. You understand the importance of data collected from every application and component in a software defined business environment - web, mobile, server, infrastructure, hardware - in enabling the most advanced and effective security controls and insights for business and IT decision-making.
- Designing and implementing deployment automation and configuration management.
- Setting up and maintaining multi-tiered test environments and automated setup processes.
- Developing and running specialized tests to observe product scalability, fault tolerance, stability and quality.
- Enhancing application code and making recommendations to the dev team to ease application operationalization.
- Designing and enforcing best practices and standards for new application services.
- Working with the dev team to ensure application availability targets are met.
- Designing application monitoring to detect and help resolve problems.
- Responding to and resolving technical emergencies.
In addition to the fun culture and exhilarating work environment, you will have several other perks including:
- Early-stage stock options
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Mutual respect and inclusive culture with emphasis on learning/teaching
- Weekly catered lunch, snacks, fruits, drinks, and monthly happy hour events
- Brand new state of the art office near South Park, San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Banyan does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Banyan employee. Banyan will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Banyan.