Lead Software Engineer - Desktop and Mobile Platforms
San Francisco, CA
You are an engineer with a passion for leading and building desktop and mobile applications that are highly usable, reliable, and secure.
You also have:
- 3+ years of industry experience
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science
- Experience in developing and shipping production desktop apps (native or electron), or native mobile apps
Huge plus if you also have:
- Expertise in Windows or MacOS system configuration and management, e.g., cryptographic keychains and providers, querying system settings like Windows registry
- Experience with Enterprise Device Managers such as Airwatch and InTune
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity to join as one of the founding engineers in a well-funded, fast-growing startup backed by some of the top Silicon Valley VCs and luminaries. We are looking to hire key engineers that like to join at an early stage that can have a significant impact on the product and roadmap, and also take on leadership roles as the company grows in this fast-paced market.
Our platform handles millions of requests from multiple clouds and end-user devices, and manages rich metadata and graph models in a scalable and highly available microservices platform. It is the source of application, user, and device metadata for access-related security policy enforcement, traffic visualization and analytics.
This developer role is primarily focused on developing Banyan’s native apps for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android to ensure secure encrypted access to services. There’s a strong emphasis on meeting the needs of customers in terms of functionality, usability, security, and reliability. For this role, key responsibilities include: developing device apps on desktop platforms, leading the team that is developing the mobile apps, working with product management and other engineering team members to define new feature requirements and dependencies, and managing the timely, high quality delivery of features.
In addition to the fun culture and exhilarating work environment, you will have several other perks including:
- Early-stage stock options
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Mutual respect and inclusive culture with emphasis on learning/teaching
- Weekly catered lunch, snacks, fruits, drinks, and monthly happy hour events
- Brand new state of the art office near South Park, San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Banyan does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Banyan employee. Banyan will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Banyan.