San Francisco, California
You are the kind of designer that likes to bring the simplicity of a consumer-oriented design to a complex enterprise product and have a passion for an intuitive, easy-to-use, elegant user interface. You are:
- An expert-level web/mobile designer: You have demonstrated success in leading the design of a large-scale web/mobile project and are proficient in user-centric design methods. You have 6+ years of experience as a designer, with an emphasis on interactive design. Prior experience with B2B products.
- Experienced in designing for a variety of platforms: Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, onboarding flows, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices (laptops, desktops, phones, tablets) and interfaces.
- An owner: You understand how to own your design while balancing stakeholder approval and engaging in constant collaboration with others.
- An end-to-end designer: You are strong at thinking big during the conceptual stage, but can zoom in to pixel-level detail during production, and drive creation of shippable quality elements.
- A clear communicator: You are able to effectively present and pitch your work to diverse audiences throughout the business. You come with a solid rationale behind every design decision you make, you understand the importance of listening as part of communication.
- Collaborative: You understand that the best work happens when individuals work as a team and you enjoy working alongside teams of designers, product managers, engineers, and business stakeholders.
It is a huge plus if you have:
- Experience with data visualization, dashboard design, and analytics-centric UX
- Experience in onboarding flows, conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Experience in SaaS and security products
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity to join as one of the founding employees in a well-funded, fast-growing startup backed by some of the top Silicon Valley VCs and luminaries. We are looking to hire key employees that like to join at an early stage that can have a significant impact on the product and roadmap, and also take on leadership roles as the company grows in this fast-paced market.
Our platform handles millions of requests from multiple clouds and end-user devices, and manages rich metadata and graph models in a scalable and highly available microservices platform. It is the source of application, user, and device metadata for access-related security policy enforcement, traffic visualization and analytics.
You have a passion for solving complex problems, right from representing complex application, device and user data in a simple design to providing an intuitive user experience with a well-designed interface. You understand the importance of data collected from components in a software defined business environment - web, mobile, server, infrastructure, applications - in enabling the most advanced and effective business and IT policy enforcement.
In addition to the fun culture and exhilarating work environment, you will have several other perks including:
- Early-stage stock options
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Mutual respect and inclusive culture with emphasis on learning/teaching
- Weekly catered lunch, snacks, fruits, drinks, and monthly happy hour events
- Brand new state of the art office near South Park, San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Banyan does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Banyan employee. Banyan will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Banyan.