Product Marketing Leader
San Francisco, California
You are a highly driven product marketing leader that is excited to join a revolutionary company that’s determined to disrupt the decades old VPN market. You love getting into a company at an early stage, enabling you to build out your own charter for the product marketing team that you will lead as the company grows. You also have/are:
- 8+ years of product marketing experience with at least 4 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Experience with product marketing for a v1 product at early stage startups preferably in the areas of security and/or SaaS
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot and Omniture, and Google Analytics.
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is or isn’t working
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Develop and manage website content
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and product processes including packaging and pricing based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Demand Gen – Track marketing KPIs, SEO strategy, conferences, and content marketing including blog posts
- Manage all Analyst and Press relations
- Plan the launches for product releases, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Sales enablement – Understand and support our sales team; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity to join as one of the founding employees in a well-funded, fast-growing startup backed by some of the top Silicon Valley VCs and luminaries. We are looking to hire key employees that like to join at an early stage that can have a significant impact on the product and roadmap, and also take on leadership roles as the company grows in this fast-paced market.
This role is not about doing demos or presenting product features (although these may sometimes occur). Rather, this role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches.
You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. This isn’t guesswork –you back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance, and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
In addition, you will regularly collaborate with product team and sales channels; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
In addition to the fun culture and exhilarating work environment, you will have several other perks including:
- Early-stage stock options
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Mutual respect and inclusive culture with emphasis on learning/teaching
- Weekly catered lunch, snacks, fruits, drinks, and monthly happy hour events
- Brand new state of the art office near South Park, San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Banyan does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Banyan employee. Banyan will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Banyan.