Software Engineer - Network Agents
San Francisco, California
You are an engineer who likes developing distributed platforms and services that scale to handle billions of requests across multiple clouds and devices, and extract insights and actions from massive data. You have a passion for building secure systems that easily scale, are always available, and are highly efficient and performant.
You also have:
- 3+ years of industry experience
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science
- Experience in developing and shipping production quality core infrastructure software
- Proficiency in a programming language such as Go, Swift, C/C++/C#, Python, strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and a strong understanding of threads, synchronization, concurrent programming
- Expertise in Linux network subsystems, including sockets, TCP/UDP/IP, packet filters, NAT, bridging, routing, and ideally subsystems like netlink and xfrm/ipsec
Huge plus if you also have:
- Experience with programming for end-user devices like iOS, Android, Windows, and MacOS
- Knowledge of Windows network subsystems
- Knowledge of Linux kernel internals
- Experience with Kubernetes and Istio
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity to join as one of the founding engineers in a well-funded, fast-growing startup backed by some of the top Silicon Valley VCs and luminaries. We are looking to hire key engineers that like to join at an early stage that can have a significant impact on the product and roadmap, and also take on leadership roles as the company grows in this fast-paced market.
Our platform handles millions of requests from multiple clouds and end-user devices, and manages rich metadata and graph models in a scalable and highly available microservices platform. It is the source of application, user, and device metadata for access-related security policy enforcement, traffic visualization and analytics.
This developer role is primarily focused on extending edge agents distributed across large infrastructures to ensure secure encrypted access to services. There’s a strong emphasis on system security, reliability, and system performance under load. For this role, key responsibilities include: developing edge agents for Linux, Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android to manage network subsystems; developing integrations with platforms such as Kubernetes and Istio, and clouds such as AWS, Azure, Alibaba Cloud, and Azure; and guiding an experienced remote development team as needed to accelerate implementation.
In addition to the fun culture and exhilarating work environment, you will have several other perks including:
- Early-stage stock options
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Mutual respect and inclusive culture with emphasis on learning/teaching
- Weekly catered lunch, snacks, fruits, drinks, and monthly happy hour events
- Brand new state of the art office near South Park, San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Banyan does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Banyan employee. Banyan will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Banyan.