Software Engineer - Frontend
San Francisco, California
You are the kind of engineer that likes developing front-end technologies and services that scale to handle millions of requests across multiple clouds and devices, and extract insights and actions from massive data. You have a passion for building front-end systems that easily scale, are always available, and highly performant.
You also have:
- 6+ years of experience developing highly performant and scalable front-end code
- Experience in developing for a variety of end-user devices including laptops, desktops, phones, and tablets
- Expertise in visualizing complex data using graph frameworks such as D3
- Fast prototyping and user interface skills to quickly capture and implement customer requirements
- Excellent communication skills to interact with UX, product, platform, and QA teams, and also mentor junior engineers
It is a huge plus if you have:
- Experience in native app development for IoS, Android, MacOS, and/or Windows
- Experience in implementing security frameworks and policies related to Identity and Access management
- Experience with backend technologies that interact with MySQL, time series databases, and real-time messaging systems
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity to join as one of the founding engineers in a well-funded, fast-growing startup backed by some of the top Silicon Valley VCs and luminaries. We are looking to hire key engineers that like to join at an early stage that can have a significant impact on the product and roadmap, and also take on leadership roles as the company grows in this fast-paced market.
Our platform handles millions of requests from multiple clouds and end-user devices, and manages rich metadata and graph models in a scalable and highly available microservices platform. It is the source of application, user, and device metadata for access-related security policy enforcement, traffic visualization and analytics.
You have a passion for solving complex computer systems problems, right from designing object data models to represent complex application, device and user data, to building secure, scalable, and available platforms. You understand the importance of data collected from components in a software defined business environment - web, mobile, server, infrastructure, applications - in enabling the most advanced and effective business and IT policy enforcement.
In addition to the fun culture and exhilarating work environment, you will have several other perks including:
- Early-stage stock options
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Mutual respect and inclusive culture with emphasis on learning/teaching
- Weekly catered lunch, snacks, fruits, drinks, and monthly happy hour events
- Brand new state of the art office near South Park, San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Banyan does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Banyan employee. Banyan will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Banyan.