Software Engineer - Distributed Systems
San Francisco, California
You are the kind of engineer that likes developing distributed platforms and services that scale to handle billions of requests across multiple clouds and devices, and extract insights and actions from massive data. You have a passion for building secure systems, that easily scale, are always available, and highly performant.
You also have:
- 6+ years of experience developing highly scalable distributed platforms and microservices
- Proficiency in a programming language such as Go, C/C++, Python, strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and a strong understanding of threads, synchronization, concurrent programming
- Deep understanding of how highly secure, distributed, resilient software is built and deployed.
- Experience with developing scalable platforms with relational databases like MySQL, distributed time-series databases, real time messaging systems, configuration and synchronization services, advanced cache stores like Redis, and protocols like grpc.
It is a huge plus if you have:
- Experience with infrastructure and systems engineering, and scaling services on cloud computing platforms like AWS
- Experience shipping multi-tenant platforms for both SaaS and on-premise deployments
- Experience with programming for end-user devices like iOS, Android, Windows, and MacOS, and big data platform like Spark.
- Experience with Linux and Windows network subsystems.
- Experience with deployment, configuration, and automation tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, and container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity to join as one of the founding engineers in a well-funded, fast-growing startup backed by some of the top Silicon Valley VCs and luminaries. We are looking to hire key engineers that like to join at an early stage that can have a significant impact on the product and roadmap, and also take on leadership roles as the company grows in this fast-paced market.
Our platform handles millions of requests from multiple clouds and end-user devices, and manages rich metadata and graph models in a scalable and highly available microservices platform. It is the source of application, user, and device metadata for access-related security policy enforcement, traffic visualization and analytics.
You have a passion for solving complex computer systems problems, right from designing object data models to represent complex application, device and user data, to building secure, scalable, and available platforms. You understand the importance of data collected from components in a software defined business environment - web, mobile, server, infrastructure, applications - in enabling the most advanced and effective business and IT policy enforcement.
In addition to the fun culture and exhilarating work environment, you will have several other perks including:
- Early-stage stock options
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Mutual respect and inclusive culture with emphasis on learning/teaching
- Weekly catered lunch, snacks, fruits, drinks, and monthly happy hour events
- Brand new state of the art office near South Park, San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Banyan does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Banyan employee. Banyan will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Banyan.