Software Engineer - API Backend
San Francisco, California
You are an engineer who likes developing distributed platforms and services that scale to handle billions of requests across multiple clouds and devices, and extract insights and actions from massive data. You have a passion for building secure systems that easily scale, are always available, and are highly performant.
You also have:
- 3+ years of experience in developing scalable platforms using relational databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL, time-series databases
- Experience with real time messaging systems, configuration and synchronization services, advanced cache stores like Redis, and protocols like gRPC
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science.
- Proficiency in a programming language such as Go, C/C++, Python, strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and a strong understanding of threads, synchronization, and concurrent programming.
- Understanding of design and implementation principles to build secure, scalable, resilient systems
It is a huge plus if you also have:
- Experience shipping multi-tenant platforms for SaaS and/or on-premise deployments
- Experience with programming for big data platforms like Spark
- Experience with identity and access management systems, OAuth and OpenID Connect, x509 PKI
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity to join as one of the founding engineers in a well-funded, fast-growing startup backed by some of the top Silicon Valley VCs and luminaries. We are looking to hire key engineers that like to join at an early stage that can have a significant impact on the product and roadmap, and also take on leadership roles as the company grows in this fast-paced market.
Our platform handles millions of requests from multiple clouds and end-user devices, and manages rich metadata and graph models in a scalable and highly available microservices platform. It is the source of application, user, and device metadata for access-related security policy enforcement, traffic visualization and analytics.
This developer role is primarily focused on extending backend API and database services, which comprise the access control management plane for a distributed mesh of end-user devices, applications, and services. There’s a strong emphasis on system security, reliability, developer-driven testing, and system performance under load and scale. For this role, the main responsibilities are to specify well-crafted APIs and data models, to implement and test them using primarily the Go programming language, and to guide an experienced remote development team to accelerate implementations, including defining tasks, reviewing code, and merging pull requests.
In addition to the fun culture and exhilarating work environment, you will have several other perks including:
- Early-stage stock options
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Mutual respect and inclusive culture with emphasis on learning/teaching
- Weekly catered lunch, snacks, fruits, drinks, and monthly happy hour events
- Brand new state of the art office near South Park, San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Banyan does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Banyan employee. Banyan will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Banyan.